Most of us spend a good part of every day at work, so why not get your colleagues involved in fundraising?
Here are our top tips for fundraising at work:
- People will rarely say no to cake. Hold a bake sale in your office as an afternoon treat and just ask for a donation to your supporter page in return for them indulging.
- Ask your employer if they have any matched giving schemes or if they are willing to donate to your supporter page – it may be tax deductible and can mean you get that one off large donation to really spur you on.
- Hold a raffle with benefits! Offer up prizes that you know your colleagues would love to get – e.g offer to fetch their morning coffee for a week, a free weekday lunch date with senior management, 1 months use of the best parking space! Use your imagination and don’t be afraid to put in a little hard work to get the most participation from everyone.
- Hold a dress down day and charge $5 each for your whole office to go casual for the day. Simple.
- Auction off the chance to ‘Be the boss for an afternoon’ (check with your manager first!) Your colleagues might relish in the chance to act as senior staff (best not to do this however if your boss is a surgeon/pilot/lion tamer)
- Get a few of your friends to cook a dish each and then hold a staff lunch event and charge an entrance fee, saving everyone the hassle of bringing in their own packed lunch or having to go in search of delicious food elsewhere.
- Ask your colleagues to sacrifice their morning coffee just 1 day a week and instead for them to give the money they would have spent to your supporter page.
Don’t forget to set up your Everyday hero supporter page before the event to ensure your donors have a safe, simple way to donate – click here to get started!