Looking for fun ways to do some offline fundraising ? Here’s 5 things you can do to support the charity you love!
- Put up posters – Around your local town, in shop windows, at your local community hall, at work – ask before you put them up but if you explain what you are doing and for what great cause people are not likely to say no!
- Ask people face to face – don’t be frightened by their response – you are doing something amazing and you should be confident to ask for sponsorship from your friends and family and doing so in person is so much more powerful than any other way.
- Give up something for the day – Use your phone too much? Spend hours on Facebook? Ask your friends and family to sponsor you to give up your beloved past time for the day, or if you are feeling particularly bold…a whole week.
- Contact your local media – Call up your local newspaper and let them know what you are doing – if they run an article on you be sure to include your supporter page link so people can donate easily.
- Approach your local businesses whose services you often use (bakers, dry cleaners) and ask if they are happy for you to leave a collection tin on their counter. You can even offer to hand out flyers on their behalf to sweeten the deal.
DID YOU KNOW: You can pass all the cash you collect offline on to your charity using everydayhero. Simply visit our website, use the search to find your charity then deposit the funds using the ‘Give Now’ button on their charity profile page.