Giving Tuesday is all about giving back, your time, your effort, your voice. The idea is simple, however the execution can prove a little trickier – which is why we here at everydayero have put together our top tips for making #GivingTuesday 2014 the most successful one yet!
- Everyone has those old clothes at the back of the wardrobe and even with the best intentions they can get forgotten about. Use #GivingTuesday as that shove in the right direction and get them down to your local charity shop.
- Helping out at a local food kitchen is a great way to give back, get your whole family involved to really make this a day to remember.
- Volunteering at an animal charity is a great excuse to spend time helping out our fluffy friends who can’t help themselves.
- Give back to your family and friends and in return they can donate to your favourite charity – they can get their car cleaned and your cause gets an extra boost!
- Make that donation you’ve been putting off to that charity you love, it might just make all the difference.
- If you’re stuck on thinking of things to do, why not do nothing? Give up something the month before Giving Tuesday in return for donations, it could be something as simple as your morning coffee or something a little more stressful like chocolate!
- Make sure you get your friends involved in volunteering efforts, turn it into a real occasion whilst also doing good and feeling great.
- Make the world a better place and find out if your local charity could use any skills or connections you have available, perhaps your skills online are just what they are after!
- Remember to have fun, you’re giving back this #GivingTuesday which is awesome, and that make you awesome so don’t forget it!
Don’t forget that if you want to fundraise for your event to set up your everydayhero supporter page before the big day to ensure your donors have a safe, simple way to donate – click here to get started!