Yes, it’s that time of year again when we are all asking, what happened to 2015?
If you feel like you’ve blinked and this year has just passed you by, you’re not alone.
Come January 1 year in, year out, we all make new years resolutions. But how many of them can we honestly say last more than a week?
Let’s ditch those that never quite work out (because chocolate, right?) and do new years resolutions the right way.
Here’s eight new years resolutions that will change your life:
- Start this new year, not with the aim to lose those few extra kilos, but with a commitment to being healthy. Strong is the new skinny, right? Pick a sport, a class or an exercise regime that fits your body and lifestyle, and do it often. Life looks better through the lens of endorphins… so get moving!
- Looking for some extra motivation? Why not ask your family and friends to donate to your favorite cause every time you do a workout or reach a milestone in your training? Maybe it means giving up those few extra wines and getting out on the bike, you never know what you’re capable of until you try, and those around you will be inspired by your commitment.
- Make laughter a priority. How often do you really stop to enjoy the good things in your life? It can be all too easy to let work, school and chauffeuring the kids around take up all of our time, but carving out half an hour each day to laugh with others can make all the difference to your happiness. After all, it really is the best medicine.
- We’ve all been there, it’s Christmas day, you unwrap that knitted jumper from your Grandma and you know it will never see the light of day. How much would you really miss it? Take all of your unwanted presents to your local charity shop and donate them to help those less fortunate, you might just make their day.
- Looking good isn’t just about what’s on the outside. If someone asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take for you to say yourself? Real long-term health means more than eating your veggies and pulling on your trainers every now and then. It’s about taking care of yourself physically, emotionally and psychologically.
- Get in touch with your true self by spending more time in nature, saying yes to that date you would usually reject and trying that art course you always wanted to do. Ditch those who bring you down and focus on the things that make you happy.
- Give your time to others. Volunteer for the cause you love. It’s easy to forget that your local homeless charity or hospital are doing the best they can to give those in need the Christmas we all deserve. Why not reach out and lend a hand? It will make someone’s Christmas – and your own – much more joyful.
- ‘We’ve always done it this way’ is a dangerous phrase. Don’t allow yourself to become complacent. Whether it’s at work, at home or in your personal life, make a small change to the way you do things to stretch your limits, it might be just what you need!
We know giving feels good, and so does actually being able to tick off your goals at the end of 2016.
This is your year. Make it awesome, make it different and make it your own.
You never know where it might take you.
It’s easy to get started with everydayhero today